VMware HA (High Availability) is a utility that eliminates the need for dedicated standby hardware and software in a virtualized environment. The utility is part of a virtualization suite called VMware Infrastructure 3. In IT (information technology), the term high availability refers to a system or component that is continuously operational for long periods.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Key features of VMware HA include:
- Proactive monitoring of all physical servers and virtual machines
- Automatic detection of server failure
- Rapid restart of virtual machines affected by server failure
- Optimal placement of virtual machines after server failure
- Scalable availability up to 32 nodes across multiple servers