Best of VMworld Award FAQ
1. What are the Best of VMworld Awards?
The Best of VMworld Awards are awarded by SearchServerVirtualization.com to the best products displayed at VMworld in Las Vegas, September 15-18, 2008.
2. Who decides which products will win?
A team of judges consisting of experts and editors from SearchServerVirtualization.com will judge the products according to the following criteria:
- Performance (where relevant)
- Ease of use
3. How many awards will be issued?
Awards will be issued in the following categories:
- Data protection software – backup, replication, fault tolerance, disaster recovery
- Security and virtualization
- Application and infrastructure management – provisioning, migration, capacity planning, performance monitoring
- Hardware for virtualization – servers, storage, I/O components
- Desktop virtualization – all styles, including hardware and software
- Storage software for virtualization
- New technologies – product being demonstrated to be released or made available between show date and end of 2008
- Best of show
In each category, judges will award a Gold and up to two Finalist awards as they deem appropriate. There will also be an umbrella category of New Technology, which will be awarded for products that are being demonstrated at the show but not generally available yet. In addition, at the judges' discretion, a Best of Show Award will be selected from among the nominees.
4. Is VMware involved in judging the Best of VMworld Awards?
No. VMware and TechTarget, the publisher of SearchServerVirtualization.com, are partnering to provide these awards. But all judging will be done independently by the editorial team of SearchServerVirtualization.com.
5. What products are eligible to enter?
Products must be from a company exhibiting at VMworld 2008. Products that are currently available for purchase will be considered for all categories. Products that are being demonstrated but are not generally available will be considered only for an umbrella New Technology category.
6. How can I enter the awards competition?
You can find the entry form at SearchServerVirtualization.com
7. What do I have to do to enter?
You must submit the entry form by August 22, 2008 and follow the instructions on it for the show period.
8. When will the awards be announced?
The awards will be announced at VMworld on Wednesday, September 17, 2008, at 2 PM PDT. Winners will be presented with a plaque or other emblem of the award that they can display at their booth.
9. Where do I go for more information?
Contact the awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org.