By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Last night VMware released a tech preview. Something that many of us have been anticipating for sometime. It’s a PCoIP View Client for the MAC!
- Support for Intel-based Macs
- PCoIP protocol optimized for VMware View 5
- Full screen support for Mac OS X Lion users
- Copy and Paste plain text between View 4.x virtual machines and Mac
- Copy and Paste text, formatted text, and graphics between View 5.x virtual machines and Mac
- Support optional RSA authentication
- Enhanced certificate checking
- Add up to 4 VMware View server shortcuts in VMware View Client
Remember, this is a tech preview so regard it like beta code, and not for production use… I found it a little slow to update & present the desktop on first use, but after that it was very quick. I think that probably says more about how little I use the lab environment where I currently have this sort of access. My HomeLab is PCoIP ready, but my ProLab isn’t yet – and I’ve been spending more time in the prolab recently