By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Last night VMware released a tech preview. Something that many of us have been anticipating for sometime. It’s a PCoIP View Client for the MAC!
- Support for Intel-based Macs
- PCoIP protocol optimized for VMware View 5
- Full screen support for Mac OS X Lion users
- Copy and Paste plain text between View 4.x virtual machines and Mac
- Copy and Paste text, formatted text, and graphics between View 5.x virtual machines and Mac
- Support optional RSA authentication
- Enhanced certificate checking
- Add up to 4 VMware View server shortcuts in VMware View Client
Remember, this is a tech preview so regard it like beta code, and not for production use… I found it a little slow to update & present the desktop on first use, but after that it was very quick. I think that probably says more about how little I use the lab environment where I currently have this sort of access. My HomeLab is PCoIP ready, but my ProLab isn’t yet – and I’ve been spending more time in the prolab recently