This weeks vendorwag is with Nimble Storage – who have been on my radar for sometime – I seem to keep on bumping into the same folks at every VMUG I speak at in the US! I think this might start a theme because I’ve have been chatting to the guys from TinTri and Astute as well.
I spoke to Ajay Singh who is the VP Product Management at Nimble. Here’s his bio…
Ajay is responsible for product management and technical marketing at Nimble Storage. Ajay has over 15 years of experience in data storage spanning roles in product management, marketing and engineering. Prior to Nimble, Ajay led a team of Product Managers with a broad portfolio of products at NetApp. He also held product management and product marketing roles at Decru and Logitech. Earlier in his career Ajay worked on disk drive technologies at Quantum Corporation as well as the Data Storage Systems Center at Carnegie Mellon University. Ajay holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, as well as M.S. and B.Tech. degrees in Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and the Indian Institute of Technology respectively.
I spoke to the guys at Nimble, and came up with the following questions – but as ever the fluid nature of the vendorwag took us in other uncharted lands too!
View All Videos
- Can you outline briefly how Nimble Storage utilizes flash, how does it make it different from say NetApp and their PAM Cards???
- How easy do you think it would be for Nimbles competitors to duplicate your design?
- I understand Nimble Storage comes with specialist “templates” can you explain what they are, and what would the template for VMware do?
- Can you tell me more about Nimbles plans for integration with VMware – VAAI? VASA, SRM? vCenter Plug-ins, VDI Rapid Clones – all things VMware customers have come to expect from their storage partners, how about Nimble?
- What are Nimbles plans for the future – NFS as well as iSCSI?