Each month our team of expert editors addresses the changing role of IT by helping savvy technology professionals navigate both the technical and cultural challenges wrought by vendor-hype, user-demands, and technology requirements.DOWNLOAD THIS MONTH’S E-ZINE ISSUE NOW!
Creating and upgrading VMware servers and VMs, VMware performance enhancements, Using monitoring and performance tools with VMware, Scripting administrative tasks, Troubleshooting VMware products, Remote administrative options, Backing up VMware host servers and guest OSes, Securing a VMware environment, VMware basics
Even as the software-defined data center marches forward, there is still good reason to keep VMware vCenter Server physical.
There are plenty of free performance monitoring tools, but take care in how you interpret results to make sure you understand the big picture.
Microsoft now offers a built in option for automation deployment called Desired State Configuration. DSC will make configuration management easier.
If your device uses a configuration server, it might be a zero client. But it might not. Here’s how to find out.
Thin clients used to be the thinnest, but now zero clients are giving them a run for their money with almost no storage or configuration requirements.
Experts agree VDI adoption may never make it above the 20 percent mark, but you'll still have to deliver Windows applications to the other 80 percent of desktops.
IT departments want to shrink their list of suppliers -- but should it be longer? Cloud, mobility and big data have IT rethinking vendor selection.
It was all about openness at the Red Hat Summit 2014. From OpenShift to OpenStack to open source innovations, Red Hat was buzzing about the cloud.
IT teams can play heroes when database performance issues disrupt applications. Try these five tips for performance tuning before there's a problem.
When it comes to choosing an IaaS provider, don't be enticed by price drops. Your choice should be focused on partnering ability, not the lowest cost.
Dell and Red Hat have formed a PaaS coalition based on OpenShift, but enterprise deployments of such technologies are still few and far between.
OpenShift will make cloud developers using Git and Jenkins feel right at home. But for others, there are a few things to know.